"IL BARBAROSSA" MALANOTTE DEL PIAVE DOCG 2018 BIO
Organic and Vegan Wine
Diploma of Great Merit at the Triveneto Wine Review of Camalò 2022;
Diploma of Merit at Enoconegliano 2022.
During the 80s and 90s of the last century, a winemaker from the Terre del Piave wanted to add, in spring, to the Raboso, produced in the previous autumn, a part of the wine obtained from the same carefully selected grapes and left to dry for a few months on racks in properly ventilated environments. The wine obtained with the addition of passito had acquired body, structure and personality, losing its sometimes aggressive angularity to acquire roundness and elegance. Malanotte del Piave Docg is the maximum expression of Raboso del Piave and its territory: austere, full-bodied and very fragrant wine.
In classic red for about 70%, while the remainder of the grapes (around 30%) is left to dry for about 90 days. The assembled wine rests for about 24 months in oak barrels and barriques, followed by an aging of at least 6 months in the bottle. The MALANOTTE DOCG must be marketed after at least 36 months starting from November 1st of the harvest year.
Ruby red color tending to garnet. Wine with very elegant and complex aromas that release hints of morello cherry and cherries. Remember cocoa and berries. The aromas also deepen spicy hints of pepper, licorice. Intense, full-bodied and full-bodied wine with adequate acidity that recalls the typicality of the Raboso grape from which it derives.
Alcohol content: 14% vol.
Residual Sugar: around 4 gr/lt.
NOTES OF THE SOMMELIER
Service temperature: to be served at 16°C-18°C. Pairings: suitable for succulent dishes. Excellent meditation wine, to try with chocolate. Ideal for offering a unique experience to your guests. Long-lived wine.